Note that if you already have any of these accounts, you do not need to register again.
Step 1: Register for GOKb accounts
Your GOKb accounts will allow you to edit in the GOKb web app and load data via OpenRefine.You will need accounts for both the Live and Test versions of GOKb.
- Go to https://gokb-test.openlibraryfoundation.org/
- Click "Register Here."
- Fill out the Create Your Account form and submit.
- You may use the same password for Live and Test if you prefer, but each account will function separately.
You will receive two confirmation emails (one for Live, one for Test). Open each email and click the confirmation link to finish activating your account. If you don't receive the emails, check your spam folder.
Step 2: Request permissions
- Contact Jennifer Solomon, the GOKb editor, or a user with editor-level rights at your institution
- Let them know you need permissions to begin working in GOKb
- At first, you will be given permissions for GOKb Test only.
- These will be extended to GOKb Live once you have completed training and testing.
- You will also be given permissions to view and edit the wiki and sent an invitation to the user listserv.