Step 1: Open a file in OpenRefine
- Your file will open automatically if you've just loaded it.
- If you want to return to a file that you've loaded but haven't yet checked in, you can find on in the "Open Project" tab.
Step 2: Check in a file
- Click the GOKb button located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select "Check in this project for the first time."
- You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Source: This describes the source of your data. Begin typing the name of the provider and you will see any available sources that contain that name. Choose the one which matches the location of your data. If the correct source does not exist, you will need to create one in GOKb.
- Provider: This is the Organization name that matches the provider of your data. If your provider doesn't exist, you will need to create one in GOKb.
- Name: This is the name of your project. It will be pre-populated with the existing name of your project. You can change it here if needed. See the Package and Project Naming Conventions page for more information on how to format your project name.
- Description: A short description of what your project contains. It's helpful to note here if your project contains multiple packages.
- Notes: A longer text field for more extensive notes.
- Click "Save and Check In."
- At this point, you will be taken back to the GOKb menu. You should see your newly checked-in project appearing in the list.
Clean up data in OpenRefine (KBART files)